- If your room accommodates it, try to make sure your listening position is somewhere in the middle of the room (i.e. away from the back wall) to improve the front soundstage and help the surround speakers work better.
- Position the main speakers so that they fire into the length of the room, rather than the width.
- If you want the best surround effects, place the surround speakers on floor-stands. You'll want them to be at roughly equal distances from your listening position.
- If stands aren't an option, you can also wall-mount your surround speakers. You can even mount them to a joist in the ceiling, if you've got a ceiling-mount bracket, though your speakers might not sound their best when placed that high. Again, you'll want your surrounds to be roughly equal distances from your listening position.
- For a really clean look, try in-wall or in-ceiling surrounds. Check out our placement guidelines for these types of speakers, or watch our short in-wall speaker installation video to get an idea of what's involved.
- If you have to place the rear speakers at different distances from your listening position, then you can use the speaker levels in your receiver to help compensate for that difference, or rely on your receiver's auto-calibration to handle that for you. It'll work best if the difference in distance is 5 feet or less.
- You can also adjust speaker levels to compensate for differences in distance between your front left and right speakers. However, we recommend you try and place them equidistant from your listening position, or within a few inches of that, whenever possible. You'll notice more subtle differences in volume and timing in the front soundstage than you will in the back.
If you are Constructing your House in Kerala, one not-to-miss tool is to join the Facebook Group- 'House in Kerala'. This is a group where Individual Home Owners, Contractors, Material Suppliers, Carpenters, Estimators, Supervisors, Engineers, Interior Designers, Architects and everyone who is related to the Building Industry come together to discuss the common topic- Building a House in Kerala!
You can voice your concerns as a home builder, promote your products as a material supplier or give relevant advice as an expert and together we can improve the conditions of the House Construction industry in the State of Kerala!
So, go ahead and Join now>> http://www.facebook.com/groups/houseinkerala